Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Wednesday: 1 November 2017, Part Three


Welcome Preppers and Survivalists,



source
Library of Congress

Spare Parts
Purchasing your family's defensive firearms is cool and sexy, especially "If" you buy a pistol, like the Glock 19, Smith and Wesson M&P 9, or some other in the news current semiautomatic design and the AR-15 series rifle.

Needless to say, folks get all wrapped up with the 'new,' 'cool,' and 'hip;' they forget ...

Link:
Total Survivalist - RE: Brushbeater: Running Spares Keep Your Weapon Going
http://www.totalsurvivalist.com/2017/10/re-brushbeater-running-spares-keep-your.html

Brushbeater - Running Spares: Keeping Your Weapon Going
https://brushbeater.wordpress.com/2017/04/02/running-spares-keeping-your-weapon-going/

P.S.
Yes, I probably linked to this article, back in April, when it first came out.

But, ...

I'm getting to cheat because Ryan, over at Total Survivalist, had some things to say about the article.

Which, ...

Gives me a chance to repeat this link, too.


Lubrication
Just because, Ryan suggested "If your this worried stack cleaning stuff Deep also."

Link:
Gun Nuts Media - Lubrication wars!
http://www.gunnuts.net/2013/06/14/lubrication-wars/

2 comments:

fteter said...

Count me among the uncool and the unhip. SKS rifles and CZ-82 pistols. Two of each, plus two sets of critical spare parts. Had three criteria for my selections: 1) my budget is limited and weapons are not my first priority, so I was looking for arms that were easy on the wallet. 2) I have no deep firearms training from the military or law enforcement. So I stuck with choices that are extremely easy to run. 3) I wanted rock-solid reliability - designs proven from years of warfare or law enforcement. Unfortunately, my choices drove me to the opposite end of the spectrum from cool and hip.

Getting Started said...


Dear fteter,

As always, you make some good points.

1. Work within your means

2. Work within your limitations

3. Use what works. Not what's 'cool.'

Sincerely, Someone You Know

P.S.
Are you sure you don't want to write an article about your gear? The CZ-82 pistol? Your Mindset?

'Cause, I think you have a lot to contribute.

P.S.
I apologize for taking so long to moderate your comment then respond.

So, ...

Thanks again for your insight. It will help others survive the tough times ahead.